What is online education?
Online education is a method of acquiring skills and knowledge through electronic devices such as computers, cellphones, laptops, etc. using the Internet. Online education allows tutors or mentors to reach all students more flexibly and teach them relevant skills more efficiently. The students who cannot attend the traditional regular classes can now also learn everything from anywhere via the Internet.
The Covid-19 pandemic affects all areas of life. Due to the lockdown, students have not been able to attend a traditional classroom, negatively impacting their studies. Hence, the Indian Government of Education decided to start online education for the students so that their studies can continue.
This will create a demand for online education methods and the importance of online education has been recognized at this time. Many colleges, schools and educational institutes offer online courses to students. Courses to help students improve their skills and acquire knowledge from the comfort of their own home via the Internet.
Online education is becoming a great educational resource that is available to students 24/7. With the incredible invention of devices (like cell phones) or technology and the availability of the internet, there is more flexibility for students to learn anything anytime, anywhere. This type of learning flexibility cannot be achieved with traditional classroom learning, as students become locked into four during face-to-face instruction.
Online education includes audio, text, video, animations, chats with tutors or mentors, and virtual training given by teachers to students. These are the methods to provide students with the skills and knowledge so they can become professionals in their field.
There are many internet resources that connect teachers and students. Some of these are social media platforms, Google Meet, WhatsApp, Zoom, etc. By using these sources, the teachers can connect with a large number of students at the same time. These sources make it easier for teachers to teach giant no. of groups in a single period. Let's take a look at the other factors of online education.
Online Education Courses
There is no doubt that online education is becoming more and more popular among students these days. There are many people who prefer to study at their own pace because of the easy accessibility and flexibility of learning.
There are many courses available online but some of them are more attractive courses that attract the students and give them the opportunity to acquire the skills and prepare them to work in the job market. The table below lists all the courses that are available online:-
- Certificate – 6 months
- Diploma - 1 year
- Undergraduate – 3 years
- Master's degree - 2 years
|OnlineMaster-Studium(2 years)||Online Bachelor (3 years)|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA-Online) with 24+ specialization||B.Sc degree in Programming and Data Science|
|Master of Commerce (MCOM) with 3+ specialization||Bachelor of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication)|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA) with 8+ specialization||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with 12+ specialization|
|Master of Arts (M.A) with 9+ specialization||Bachelor in Computeranwendungen|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech) with 7+ specialization||Bachelor of Arts (Hindi-Medium)|
|Master of Science (M.Sc) with 7+ specialization||Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with 3+ specialization|
|Master of Executive MBA with 6+ specialization||Bachelors in Tourism|
|Bachelor of Arts (Tourismusverwaltung)|
|Online Diploma (1 year)||Online certificate completion (6 months)|
|Diploma in Digital Marketing||Digital Marketing Certificate Program|
|Diploma in Data Science||Certificate Program in Hospital and Healthcare Management|
|Diploma in Programming||Postgraduate Certificate in Agricultural Policy|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||Certificate in Tribal Studies|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising and Brand Management||Postgraduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration||Certificate Program Peace Research and Conflict Management|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management||Library and Information Science Certificate Program|
|Postgraduate Diploma in International Business||Certificate in Information Technology|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Certificate in Tourism Studies|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management||Certificate in Arabic language|
|Postgraduate Diploma in NGO Management||Certificate in the Russian language|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Retail Management|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and Accounting|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Public Accounting|
|PG Diploma in Bioinformatics|
|Diploma in Sanskrit|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies|
Here is the list of some of the trending online courses for the students' reference. Students can choose one of them based on their preferences and interests:-
1. Postgraduate Programs –Many students go on to postgraduate courses like MBA, MCA, MA, PGDM, etc. after completing the graduate courses. Online postgraduate can become more beneficial for the students. They can gain work experience along with the degree through online education without affecting their current jobs. However, before taking any postgraduate course, make sure that the course must be approved by the UGC or AICTE.
2. Under Graduate Programs –Many undergraduate courses are also available online for students to enroll in the course after completing the 12th certification. Students can complete the graduate course through online learning while participating in other diploma courses and activities that can help them advance their careers more effectively.
3. Digital Marketing Course –Digital marketing is the process of marketing products using electronic devices over the internet. Digital marketing is the trending method of marketing products and almost every business uses this method to promote their products and services. It therefore requires professional digital marketers who can handle the digital platforms professionally. Many students enroll in the online digital marketing course and begin to climb the steps to success.
4. Communication –Communication is core to conveying thoughts from one person to another person. Everyone should have communication skills to work in any profession. Many institutes offer online communication courses for people who want to learn communication skills and improve their skills for a professional job.
5. Diploma Courses – These days, many students prefer to take diploma courses alongside their degree. These diploma courses help them acquire practical knowledge and skills. These diploma courses are also available online and anyone can take these courses to get better jobs.
6. Spoken English Courses –English is the most widely spoken language accepted around the world. So, it is good to learn the oral and written skills of the English language as these skills are mandatory when someone enters the professional world. These skills can be learned through online education without bothering to traditional teaching methods. During online classes, students will have an opportunity to connect with students from other states or countries, which will help build students' confidence in interacting with the individuals.
Online educational colleges/universities
Online colleges made access to higher education more flexible. This is great news that you can now get a higher education degree or academics at the click of a button without interfering with your daily activities.
Now almost everyone prefers to study online which has created a demand for more online colleges and institutes. Many colleges and institutes have taken a step forward to offer people online education, but every institute or college cannot be on the list of the best.
So we have researched which are the best online education colleges or institutes to do any of the online courses. The list of the best online colleges and institutes is listed here. People can choose any of them according to their interested course and preferences:-
|IGNOU||Symbiosis center for distance learning||Sikkim Manipal University||IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute|
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (offene) University||dr BR Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)||Amity University Online||Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU)|
|National Internet Marketing Institute (NIIM)||National Institute for Information Technology (NIIT)||School of Open Learning an der Delhi University (SOL)||Karnataka Open University|
|University of Mumbai (IDOL)||University of Chandigarh (CU)||National University of Jaipur (JNU)||Narsee Monjee Institute for Management Studies (NMIMS)|
Online Educational Benefits
Online education is for students who have a conscious desire to learn new things but are unable to attend regular classes or are unable to continue their studies due to certain circumstances.
Online education is becoming an exciting way to educate students. We have mentioned some benefits of this exciting form of education to learn more inspiring facts about online education:-
1. Flexibility –The first and most beneficial thing about online classes is that the time and place are flexible during online classes. The student can follow any course available online from home. You can take lessons anytime, anywhere. Students are free to juggle their careers as there are no set times and they can use the extra time to practice more and engage in some extracurricular activities to enhance their careers.
2. Networking Opportunities –Students can make their great networks with other students through online courses as there is a big no. of students enrolling in the online course from different countries and states. They can network with each other to implement the projects with different ideas and also can assert their own empire in the business world. You can also connect emotionally with other states and also understand the culture of other states.
3. Inexpensive –Online tuition helps in saving money as it deducts extra money that student has to spend during traditional tuition method such as travel expenses, hostel fees, accommodation expenses, moving expenses, public transport expenses, fuel expenses, etc.
4. Learn at your own pace –Each student has a different mindset and ability to grasp knowledge and skills. During classroom teaching, it becomes difficult to understand all things for those students who cannot grasp the topics quickly. During online classes, students have the opportunity to learn at their own pace and ability.
Online Education vs. Traditional Education
|online education||Traditional education|
|Students do not have to attend regular classes.||Students must attend class regularly to learn effectively.|
|Students only need a computer and a good internet source to attend classes.||Heavy books, notebooks, pens and all related items are required to attend class.|
|During the online training, there is flexibility in terms of time, as the aspirants can attend classes anytime and anywhere.||There is a fixed schedule for classes and students have no authority to change this schedule according to their time.|
|Students can receive the tutor's personalized attention to solve any problem or doubt.||During the traditional education system, it is difficult to get personal attention.|
|During online classes, students can connect with many people from different states or countries as there may be a big no. Group of students present during online lesson.||In the traditional teaching method, there is a limited no. of students present during the lesson and limited students means limited thought processes and also a limited number of ideas.|
Online Educational Resources
There are many ways to gain knowledge and skills from different platforms. Online education is an effective way to learn new things in your free time.
Whether you are interested in marketing, want to learn marketing online, or you are interested in the IT industry and want to learn coding and programming online, there is not much choice. Resources available to you, online courses. Resources used to provide online education to students are given below:
1. Live Lectures by Faculty and Industry Experts –During online classes, students are given the opportunity to receive lectures from professional faculty and industry expertise. They can give the best advice to the students because they have already faced many things during their careers and the students can learn from them more effectively.
2. Recorded Lectures –Students get access to the recorded lectures during online classes, so they can use these lectures when they have doubts or are stuck at any stage of professional work, which is impossible to achieve in traditional classroom.
3. Digital Learning Materials –Students receive the e-books to read and gain knowledge about the online education. You can save these books for a lifetime and read them anytime. There is no need to buy or carry heavy books at the time of online classes.
4. One-to-one faculty interaction –Students have the opportunity to contact the faculties 1:1. If they do not understand a topic, they can contact the faculty individually and the faculty will personally resolve their doubts so that each student can understand all the topics efficiently.
Difference between online learning and distance learning?
Many people think that online and distance learning are the same thing, but think about it, right? It's not, while online and distance may seem the same, they have a few big differences. The exam format differs initially in both media.
When it comes to online education, the exam is conducted in the same format as the education, which is through online test and paper where students sit back and give at homeexamswhile a student taking a correspondence course has to come to the examination center to take his exams.
Every college that offers distance learning also sometimes believes in conducting classes from the center, therefore it depends on the university and also other external factors affecting it. Because many distance learning courses are currently taking place in the same way as online, but that is due to the pandemic situation.
The next point that differentiates online and distance is timeflexibilityYou get in online programs. In general, the two-year course in online format has 4 years to follow and complete and so on and so on for different programs. While this is not the case with distance learning courses. The duration of the programs is not flexible or subject to change based on your availability.
Another difference that we can highlight is that'study material'the difference between online learning and distance learning. When it comes to online programs, colleges and universities tend to provide e-learning libraries and provide learning materials through LMS. While in distance format you get the same traditional format of learning through textbooks, which makes a big difference between the two learning mediums.
What are the advantages of online education?
- Flexibility –Online education offers a student or an individual the opportunity to choose the time and duration of the course according to their needs.
- affordability -You will find 'n' number of online courses offered by different universities, all of which offer roughly the same type of quality of education through the online medium. This therefore gives the student the opportunity to choose the best affordable course for themselves.
- Rapid Skill Development –Individuals who want to acquire skills quickly can actually enroll in short-term skills-based programs or diploma programs and enhance their career development in the current field in which they work.
- Global Interaction & Perspective –When you enroll in programs online, there is a chance that you will interact with a wider learning audience, especially in programs abroad.
- Full Participation –Full attendance has always been an issue in regular classes, taking the stress out of being on time for classes. As with online teaching, many universities even offer recorded lectures for students to access based on availability.
- No more taking routes, just installing routers –You save a lot of time and travel costs if you acquire knowledge with just one click on your smartphone or laptop.
What are the disadvantages of online classes?
- No physical interaction-Once you enter an online education system, you have less time to interact with your classmates by meeting them. There is more virtual interaction and you don't meet your teachers or colleagues every day.
- Manage screen time-Since everything in this world happens on our smartphones, it is sometimes difficult to focus on a specific work. There can be a distraction from social media, leading to less focus and interaction.
Is online education the future? / online education of the future
The concept of education has changed in recent years. Traditional classrooms are being transformed into online education. There is no need to attend traditional classes or regular classes to learn skills and courses. With the invention of new technologies and the use of the vast resource called the Internet, it becomes easier to learn anything from anywhere.
According to a survey, many students enroll in postgraduate or graduate degree programs and you would not believe that 30% of students complete these courses through online education and they find online education more effective and time-saving than the traditional method of education.
Online education leads to sensible choices, whether you are a student or a professional. As a professional, online education can help you improve your skills and become more professional in your field without detracting from your current job. Therefore, the positive response of online education can make it the future of education.
Career opportunities after completing online training
Among students, the question often arises as to whether online studies are valuable for the professional phase or not. Students always pursue a course after knowing the future of the course, which means the career opportunities after course completion.
When a student spends their money and time learning skills, he or she wants to get higher paying jobs in that sector. So online education comes with the solution. Completing an online course opens up a wealth of job opportunities for students.
Not only is the online degree applicable to the private sector, students also have the opportunity to apply for government jobs after completing the course. Depending on the course, the students can do several startups in different areas. Here are some positions that the students can apply for as per their majors:-
Media & Communication
The reason students enroll in online education is well stated in this blog. There are numerous myths about online education that are being propagated in the educational world. This is a small step we have taken to dispel certain myths and uncover the truth about online education among high school students.
90 percent of students find that online teaching is similar to traditional classroom teaching, even online teaching is better than the traditional teaching method. However, students choose teaching methods based on their preferences and choices. I hope you find the blog interesting. Thank you very much.